This info is for parents whose child has
- Received a Quarantine Order (QO)
- Or pending issuance of a Quarantine Order (QO)
- This arrangement does not apply to candidates with access arrangements that require a scribe/reader who would need to be in close contact with the candidates. Special consideration would be granted to this group of candidates. Find out more here
- Inform the candidate’s school of their QO status and his/her plans to sit for the papers.
MOE will work with MOH to schedule the candidate’s PCR entry swab soonest at the place of quarantine.
- For PSLE students, parents/caregivers under quarantine can accompany the candidate to the school on the day of the exam. They should inform the school of their intention when notifying the school of their child’s QO status.
What to expect
- While waiting for their PCR results, candidates are required to do a self-administered ART every day.
If entry PCR result is negative
- Apply for Leave from Quarantine by following the procedures advised by the school.
- Schools will also inform candidates when they have been given approval to sit for their papers.
Parents/caregivers under quarantine who want to accompany their PSLE candidate to the school must also test PCR negative, and take the daily ART.
If entry PCR result is positive
Visit this page for next steps.
The day before the paper
- Do the daily ART at 6pm or later
- Afterwards, place their physical ART test kit in a plastic sleeve or take a photo of the ART test, clearly showing the following:
- Name of candidate (marked on the indicator)
- Date of the ART test done
- Test result (should be negative)
The candidate will be allowed to sit for the National Exam if the PCR test result is negative, and the daily ART result is negative.
On the day of the exam
- Send the candidate to school only by private vehicle or private-hire vehicle/taxi (sit in the back row and wind down windows) or on foot, with no stops in between their place of residence and the examination venue.
- Travel by public transport such as buses or MRT is not permitted.
- The candidate will only start the exam 30 mins later than the start time but will be given the full duration. Aim to arrive only 15 mins before their start time and no earlier to avoid contact with other students.
- Accompanying parent/caregivers may accompany the candidate up to the school gate if the school has been informed.
- Show the ART kit in a plastic sleeve, or photo of the negative ART result to the school
- Together with their identification document (e.g. NRIC or Student Pass) for entry proof.
- The accompanying family member or caregiver should only send the candidate to the school’s gate and return home immediately. They will not be allowed to enter the school premises.
For more information, visit the MOE FAQ on COVID-19 related matters.
Refer to the following PDF document by SEAB for more information.